As a String3 (Service) user (you/your), you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Use, including Disclaimers.
You accept our Terms, policies and disclaimers when you use our Service, so please read them carefully. If you don’t agree with them, please don’t use our Service. If you are using the Service for a company or organisation, you are agreeing to our Terms on behalf of that company or organisation. Please check that you are allowed to do so before agreeing.
Amendments apply from the date we publish them, so please also check these before you use our Service.
String3 — (or "Service")
String3 is designed to allow questions from one user to be answered by one, or more, other users. String3 makes it possible for a user to share a question they have received, with other users. String3 will never reveal the identity of a user (or the company or organisation they are using the Service for) to any other user, where it is not already known between them.
Your data, your rights and our Service
- When you use our Service you will need to provide us with some information (your data). Your data remains yours, and using our Service does not give us rights to any of your data, except for the limited rights we need to provide the Service.
- By using our Service you grant us permission to store and process your data. We operate an ISO27001 certified 'information security management system' to make sure we look after your data carefully and legally. This includes any trusted third parties we use to deliver the Service, and your permission includes these trusted third parties (all of whom have been risk assessed by us).
- We will not share your data with any third parties beyond those we need to deliver the Service.
- You are responsible for any data you share with other users. We will never share your data with other users, except to notify them of activity relating to data they originally provided (but without revealing your identity).
- You must pay any fees associated with your use of the Service, including any taxes we are required to collect.
- You must create a password to allow you to use the Service. You must not share this password with anybody else. If you suspect that someone else knows your password, you must change it as soon as possible.
- You must only use the Service for its intended purpose; to create questions, or to respond to questions from other users.
- You must allow us to contact you about the Service by email.
- You agree that when in possession of any data belonging to other users generated from String3 you will not disclose any such data to others who do not already know such data. You should ensure you only submit data to String3 where you are entitled to do so and that any data and intellectual property clearances are obtained by you in advance.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us, our directors, officers, servants and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable legal fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your inappropriate use of or conduct on the Service or for any breach by you of these Terms. For the purpose of this clause we contract for ourselves and as trustee for our directors, officers, servants and employees.
- We must ensure the Service is available for your use.
- We will clearly notify you of any fees that we will charge, before you agree to use any chargeable Services.
- We must safely store your data, keep it strictly confidential. If you request, we must delete any information which identifies you. If you want any of this information removed from the Service, you must send a request to email@example.com with the relevant details.
- In consideration of the fee you have agreed to pay us, we agree to provide the Service to you on these Terms and on the terms of any additional written contract entered into between you and us.
If things change, or go wrong
- You can stop using the Service at any time and will not need to pay any further fees to us. Any fees you have already paid will not be refunded.
- If we do not receive payment of agreed fees by the agreed date, we have the right to restrict your access to the Service until such time as payment is received.
Other points, and disclaimers
- We reserve the right to monitor your use of the Service.
- We reserve the right to disclose any data required by applicable laws to the relevant authorities. We will let you know if we are asked to do this.
- We reserve the right to stop your use of the Service at any time and for any reason.
- We reserve the right to change our fees, these Terms and other relevant policies at any time.
- Our aggregate liability under these Terms for any breach of these Terms or liability in tort (including negligence) shall be limited, in the case of chargeable Services, to the fees you have paid us in the 12 months prior to any claim or £10,000 if higher and for non-chargeable Services to £10,000.
- These Terms, including any policies or other Terms they mention, describe the whole of the agreement between us.
- We shall not be responsible for the consequences to you of unauthorised access to the Service, nor the consequences of any inaccurate threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content provided by a third party.
- Notwithstanding any other provision of these Terms, we do not exclude any liability of ours for death or personal injury caused by our negligence nor for our fraud.
- Subject to clauses 5.5 and 5.7, in no event shall we be liable to you for any indirect loss, loss of profit, loss or revenue, goodwill, business opportunity and any other indirect loss and damage howsoever caused.
- All implied conditions as to fitness for purpose and satisfactory quality are hereby excluded.
- These Terms are subject to English law and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in connection with any dispute whether relating to contractual matters or otherwise.